The original Farmblox Base Station. Farmblox Monitors connects to the app wirelessly via the Farmblox Base Station, up to several miles. Install any number of monitors per base station, and any number of base stations for full wireless coverage. From one to thousands of acres, the Farmblox system is specifically designed to scale with the farm.
Like all Farmblox Base Stations, monitors connect directly to the base station, not eachother like with a mesh system. The benefit is reduced cost, improved battery life of the wireless monitors, and easy scaling for adding more devices.
The most flexible connectivity option and quickest to setup, just plug into the solar panel battery or a 120V outlet for power and activate in the Farmblox app for setup. Supports all major carriers in the US & CA. Cellular data rate of $150/yr, SIM card and cellular service upkeep provided by Farmblox.
Plug in an ethernet cable and be up and running in minutes. Requires a 120V outlet for power. Upgradeable to cellular at any time, no extra hardware needed. Ethernet cable not included.
- Base station, antenna, power cable with 120V power supply, and mounting hardware.
- All models include a cellular SIM card which supports all major carriers in the US & CA. For Ethernet models, cellular may be activated anytime with no additional hardware.
- Access to the Farmblox mobile app and dashboard for installing devices and monitoring farm conditions.
- Technical support for any issues you may have deploying or configuring devices.
- Long range: up to 3mi/5km coverage depending on terrain, allowing for monitors to be placed anywhere within the coverage area. To cover more area, simply add another base station. Monitors will connect to whichever base station provides the strongest signal. The higher up the base station can be mounted, the better the coverage.
- Cellular: No internet? Not a problem. Ridgelines? That's fine, too. All base stations are cellular enabled, with near-complete coverage in the US and most of Canada. Cellular base stations come pre-activated, while wired ethernet base stations can be activated as cellular anytime.
- Ask for simulated coverage at your farm-- remove the guesswork on where monitors can be placed. Inquire for simulated coverage of your farm.
- 120V Power
- A secure outdoor mounting location at least 15' above the ground, with line of sight coverage to where monitors will be installed. Trees and buildings are generally okay, hills and boulders may block signal. Base stations support both wall or pole mounted.
- All base stations include cellular capability, which can be activated any time
- IP67 weather-proof die-cast aluminum enclosure
- Operating temperature: -35C/-31F to 80C/176F
- Weight: 9.5lbs
- Power: 5V 3A, 120V power supply included
- 16.34" x 11.81" x 5.91" case (LxWxH)
- Antenna length: 16"